Halfway through March already… jeez!
It’s been a while, peeps! Another month down in paradise and I can say I have really been enjoying every minute down here. Things got a little crazy about the time that Ryan left, but whats life without a few little speed bumps, right? Things that I have been up to in the last month and a half include-
- Put Valentine’s day into perspective this year. When you normally think about Valentine’s day, what do you picture? Chocolate, Roses, Candy, V-day cards?? I think that most of us would say that. But in my growing faith, I took a step back this year to not only think about all of the people that I love in my life, but the strong and everlasting love of the Lord. This is something that is very easy to forget in the midst of our everyday lives. When you are feeling down, remember that you are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS loved. “We Love, because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
- Beaches on beaches- Btw wish I could take the pic credit, but I don’t have those mad angles so thanks google 😉
- Playa Santa– About 45 minutes from where I live, and a super secluded beach (at least on a Wednesday, it was). Parking is easy and Ryan and I walked about 5 minutes to find a good spot on the white sandy shore.
- Playa Sucia– the BEST of the best down here, in my opinion! It was quite a hike to get to the actual beach, but once we got there it was amazing. Definitely the most white sand and blue water I have seen down here, so far.
- Playa La Jungla– In spanish this means the jungle, and it really is when you drive in. This is a great beach if you have a LOT of stuff you are bringing with you and you want to pull right up to the shore and unload. There was almost no one there when we went on a Friday. Only downside, a bazillion potholes when driving there. Be sure to bring your Jeep when you go on this wild ride!
- Crash Boat– talk about CLEAR water! We were able to find easy parking, and walk about 10 minutes to our spot on the beach. This was another one of my favorites because there is a pier you can jump off of! Cool thing is, there was HUGE fish right below. Looked like Dory! Were able to swim (and by this I mean, with a floatie #offdayzppl) about a quarter mile and you could still see all the way to the bottom of the ocean.
- Went to a Ponce basketball game. Was super fun and we got to see some of the players that we normally see at the gym, in action!
- Went to the opening of a Sports Bar in Ponce that was complete with athletes from the sports teams down here, live music and the recognition of our team! Super fun night.
- Learning day by day to keep the faith and let God lead me in everything I do. Four HUGE words for me this month- Love, Trust, Wait & Hope. “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
- Showed Ryan Puerto Rico 🙂 Took him to multiple beaches, and got to spend some much needed quality time together. Counting down the days, babe.
- Had a fun weekend in San Juan with the girls, and then another with Ryan, complete with pool chillin’, acai from supermaxx–GAME CHANGER BTW & tons of beach exploring.
- Guava anything and everything. Gonna be on a mission to find this when I get back to Colorado!
- Rain!! Finally. I can honestly say that I am a true cold weather person. Learning that more and more after the constant heat down here. Hoping and praying that we see a little more of this rain soon 😉
- Volleyball!! Duh. That’s why I’m here, right?! We are currently 13-3 after a tough loss last night. We finished the second round of games last week and now we are in the last 3 weeks of the regular season. Significant moments of this last month included-
- Losing our first match and finding a way to #bounceback.
- Staying undefeated at home.
- Beating Caguas- the top ranked team in the League in 3 sets.
- Special Shoutout to both of my sisters, Cierra and Gabby , as they are both on the road to recovery! So proud of both of you in every way, and can’t wait to see you completely healthy, and on the court soon 🙂 ANNNDDDD SEE YOU IN 2 WEEKS #SPRINGBREAK2017
- March Madness y’all! It’s HEEEEERE. And the cuzzo, Joe Schneider just killed it in the First Four last night. UC-Davis vs. KU tomorrow night! Go Ags!!
Thats about all of the newest happenings from down here! The rest of the regular season is as follows.
3/17/17 vs. Aibonito HOME 8 PM (6PM MST)
3/19/17 vs. Juncos AWAY 5 PM (3 PM MST)
3/23/17 vs. Naranjito AWAY 8 PM (6 PM MST)
3/24/17 vs. San Juan HOME 8 PM (6 PM MST)
3/29/17 vs. Carolina AWAY 8 PM (6 PM MST)
3/31/17 vs. Humacao HOME 8 PM (6 PM MST)
4/2/17 All- Star Game in Ponce 5 PM
4/5/17 vs. Mayaguez HOME 8 PM (6 PM MST)
4/9/17 vs. Caguas AWAY 5 PM (3PM MST)
Have a fabulous day everyone!